Ferrous Ascorbate+ Folic Acid+ Zinc Soft Gelatin Capsules are comprised of three essential minerals namely- Ferrous Ascorbate Folic Acid and Zinc. These capsules are used to treat anemia and mineral deficiency in the body. Anemia is a medical condition where the body lacks a sufficient amount of Red Blood Cells. These cell are present in human blood and are responsible for supplying oxygen to the body. These capsules are also used in pregnancy to fulfill iron deficiencies.
Ingredients of Ferrous Ascorbate 100mg + Folic Acid 1.5mg + Zinc 61.8mg Capsules and their Functions
Ferrous Ascorbate is a combination of iron and vitamin C used to treat iron-related deficiency and anemia caused when the iron intake from food is not adequate. Iron is utilized by the body to produce red blood cells which have numerous functions. Vitamin C is an antioxidant and boosts the immunity of the body.
Folic Acid is used by the body for proper mental functioning. It also aids in the formation of DNA, the body’s genetic material. DNA carries genetic information. Combined with other vitamins, folic acid facilitates the generation of new cells in the body.
Zinc plays a vital role in cell and tissue formation. It also heals the damaged tissues of the body and provide them nourishment. It plays an integral role in supporting a healthy immune system.
Exclusive Benefits of Ferrous Ascorbate 100mg + Folic Acid 1.5mg + Zinc 61.8mg Soft Gelatin Capsules
These capsules are formulated to meet the daily nutritional and mineral needs of the body to ensure its proper functioning. Below listed are some of the major benefits of consuming this medication:
- Provide the daily dose of iron which is not readily supplied by the diet
- Useful in preventing mineral deficiency is pregnancy and lactation.
- Treat sickle cell anemia- one of the most widespread form of anemia and the most dangerous one
- Increase in production of RBCs (red blood cells) which go down due to absence of proper levels of Vitamin B12.
Indications to Use
Follow the dosage as prescribed by the doctor or pharmacist. Generally, one capsule is to be consumed within a span of 24 hours. Modifications may be required in special cases which will be informed by the doctor. Donor overuse Ferrous Ascorbate + Folic Acid + Zinc soft gel capsules to prevent drug overdose. Excessive iron levels may be toxic in pregnant women.
Contraindications related to Ferrous Ascorbate 100mg + Folic Acid 1.5mg + Zinc 61.8mg Soft Gel Capsules
There are certain preventive measures to be considered while using Ferrous Ascorbate + Folic Acid+ Zinc. An excessive dosage of these capsules may harm the body and disrupt normal body functions. Hence, follow the below-listed measures to ensure achieving the desired results.
- People suffering from peptic ulcers or other stomach problems must avoid using these soft gelatin capsules. This may increase the risk or other co-existing abdominal problems.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from liver or kidney impairment. Although, these capsules are used to treat anemia caused by kidney failure but a proper consultation must be needed to start using these capsules.
- Donot use these capsules if you are allergic to mineral supplements. Consult your doctor for more information.
Side Effects of Ferrous Ascorbate 100mg + Folic Acid 1.5mg + Zinc 61.8mg Soft Gelatin Capsules
Dietary supplements possess negligible side effects but some common undesirable effects may be noticed in some cases. The following side effects are witnessed regarding the use of this medication- Constipation, Vomiting or Nausea, Headache, Upset stomach, and Loss of appetite
A serious reaction to this drug is rare however if you experience a rash or swelling of the skin, reach your doctor as early as possible.