Pantoprazole 40mg belongs to a class of drugs knows as proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), which are used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems such as acid reflux, peptic ulcer disease, etc. The medication works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach that relieves symptoms like heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent cough. Additionally, it helps heal acid damage to the stomach as well esophagus preventing cancer of the esophagus. Being the most effective medication it offers some side-effects such as Diarrhea, Flatulence, Headache, Nausea, Stomach pain, Vomiting, Dizziness, etc.
To get maximum benefits or avoid any trouble, the medication should be used with the below-mentioned precautions:
- Pantoprazole 40mg should be taken at least 1 hour before a meal.
- Avoid excessive intake of carbonated beverages, citrus juices, fried food, etc.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking should be avoided while taking medication.
- In case you get watery diarrhea, fever, or stomach pain then inform your doctor immediately.
- Long-term use of Pantoprazole can cause weak bones and deficiency of minerals.
- Follow the diet as prescribed by your doctor.
- Don’t stop taking the medication without consulting your doctor.
- If decreased urination, edema, lower back pain, nausea, fatigue, and rash is developed then consult your doctor right now.