Pantoprazole Domperidone Tablet is a perfect combination of two drugs: Pantoprazole and Domperidone which is used to treat nausea, vomiting, and peptic ulcer as well. In addition, the medication is also effective in treating gastric oesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
In combination, Domperidone is a prokinetic that works on the upper alimentary canal to extend the action of the stomach and intestines, enabling the food to move more easily through the stomach. While Pantoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that works by reducing the quantity of acid in the stomach which helps in the relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Precautions for Pantoprazole Domperidone Tablet
Pantoprazole 40mg + Domperidone 10mg should be taken with the following precautions to get the best results or benefits:
- Drink plenty of fluids while taking the medication.
- Take the medication at least 45-60 mins before meals or on empty stomach.
- Use Pantoprazole 40mg + Domperidone 10mg with extreme caution if have or had a history of liver problems.
- Drive or operate heavy machinery if you are feeling fully mentally alert and physically stable.
- Avoid spicy meals and must include vitamin B12-rich foods in your diet.
- Take proper rest as you may feel weak and exhausted due to your illness.
The above listed are the precautions that one needs to take during the treatment course with Pantoprazole Domperidone Tablet. In addition, an individual should follow the instructions of the healthcare provider for the best effects.
Possible Adverse Reactions
Like other medications, Pantoprazole Domperidone Tablet may also cause some side effects. Those ADRs are mild to moderate, in general. Also, they fade away once the body adjusts to the medications. However, if problems make you worried or any serious side effects develop, confer with your healthcare professional.
Most Common Side effects:-
- Nausea, etc