Omeprazole + Domperidone is the perfect combination of molecules that is used for issues like intestinal ulcers, and heartburn. abdominal pains and a few other stomach-related issues. Apart from this combination of Domperidone + Omeprazole has proven to be quite effective in controlling vomiting and nausea. Domperidone is psychokinetic and functions wonderfully on the upper digestive tract whereas, Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) that is effective in reducing the acid level in the stomach.
So, this combination provides good relief from indigestion, and heartburn and increases movement of food through the stomach smoothly. Thus, Omeprazole 20mg + Domperidone 10mg is generally used for the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and Peptic ulcer disease. This product is made keeping in mind all quality standards and made under supervision. As the medication is prescribed for the treatment of acidity and heartburn it should be taken one hour before the meal.
Medicinal Uses of Omeprazole and Domperidone Capsules
Omeprazole + Domperidone capsule is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time so may offer watery diarrhea, fever, or stomach pain, so if you are suffering from any of these then you should inform your doctor immediately. And longer use of Omeprazole + Domperidone can cause weak bones, and deficiency of minerals such as magnesium so take adequate intake of calcium and magnesium.
The medicine belongs to a group of gastrointestinal agents that work in synergy to treat heartburn, indigestion, epigastric pain, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcers, and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. The capsules are composed of two main ingredients Omeprazole and Domperidone. Omeprazole works by blocking the action of an enzyme called gastric proton pump, which is responsible for the production of acid Domperidone works by increasing the movements and contractions of stomach muscle.
Directions For Use
Carefully, read the description given along with the Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules. Do not crush, chew, or break the capsules as it may irritate your mouth. Swallow the whole capsule with a glass of water. You can take the medicine with or without food or as directed by your physician.
Side Effects of Omeprazole and Domperidone Capsules
The side effects of Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules are mostly mild to temporary and get resolved over time. The side effects may vary in all the users as they depend on the physiological condition and response to the therapy. Immediately inform your doctor in case your side effects worsen with time or get severe. The list of side effects noticed on using the Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules are mentioned as follows:
- Abdominal pain
- Fundic gland polyps
Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules may interact with other medicines and cause adverse side effects. The medicines also tend to interact with certain food items and diseases. Do not take Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules with the following mentioned medications.
- Painkillers (aspirin)
- Antibiotics (ciprofloxacin)
- Statin (atorvastatin)
- Anti-HIV (atazanavir)
- Blood thinner (clopidogrel, warfarin, cilostazol)
- Drugs used to treat hypothyroidism (levothyroxine)
- Anti-fungal (ketoconazole, itraconazole, voriconazole)
- Anti-cancer (erlotinib, methotrexate)
- Anti-depressant (citalopram, escitalopram, duloxetine)
- Anti-anxiety (alprazolam)
Safety Precautions and Warnings
- Avoid consuming alcohol with Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules as it may interact and release excess acid in your stomach causing heartburn.
- Do not take Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules without a doctor’s consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
- Store the Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid sitting continuously as it may trigger acidity. Take a break of 5 minutes every hour by doing brisk walking or stretching.
- Keep the Omeprazole + Domperidone capsules out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of the discarded or expired medicines.
- Follow the dosage and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not indulge in the overdosage of the medicines.