Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection is used to treat certain infections, including stomach area infections and urinary tract infections. It is also effective in treating severe pneumonia among people in hospitals or on ventilators. This combination medicine is composed of two effective drugs: Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam. Ceftriaxone is in a class of drugs known as antibiotics that functions by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall formation essential for the survival of bacteria. Tazobactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor. It acts by decreasing the resistance of bacteria and enhancing the activity of Ceftriaxone against bacteria.
However, this medication will not work for infections caused due to viruses. Keep taking this injection as long as the doctor has prescribed you to. The dosage and duration of the treatment course depend on several factors, such as age, gender, tolerance, and the patient’s medical condition. In addition, self-administration of this injection is not recommended. All above, an individual patient may experience mild to moderate side effects while taking this medication that doesn’t require any special medical attention. Further, one should read the official guidelines mentioned on the leaflet to ensure its proper use.
Precautions for Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection
For the best possible effects, take this medicine as advised by the healthcare professional. In addition, an individual patient should read the leaflet for the official guidelines and ask the doctor for any doubts. Aside from that, if you are allergic to Ceftriaxone or Tazobactam, do not take this medicine. Also, if you ever had an allergic reaction to any medicine, inform your healthcare provider. Further, an individual patient should consider following the below-listed points to be on the safe side.
- If you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or breastfeeding, inform your doctor before commencing treatment with Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection. Also, notify your doctor if you become pregnant during the treatment course.
- This injection may cause dizziness and sleepiness in some people. Therefore, evade driving vehicles, operating heavy machinery, or performing activities that require speed of psychomotor reactions.
- Tell your doctor if you ever have/had any disease, especially kidney or liver-related disorders. In certain conditions, the dosage of Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection may need to be adjusted.
- Before taking this medicine, inform your doctor if you are taking other medications, including prescription, non-prescription drugs, and herbal medications. This medicine may interact with blood thinners, water tablets, or drugs used to lower high uric acid levels.
- Stop taking Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection and inform your doctor if your body develops swelling of the face, tongue, throat, breathing difficulties, or an itchy rash.
Therefore, the above listed are the measures one should take during the treatment course with Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection. Further, you can get more deets regarding the usage of this medicine by visiting your healthcare provider.
While taking this medicine, an individual patient may experience mild to moderate side effects. Those adverse reactions are temporary and go away upon the completion of the treatment. However, if you notice any persistent problems or your body develops any serious side effects, consult your healthcare provider.
Most Common Side effects:-
- Allergic reaction,
- Increased liver enzymes, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the uses of Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection?
A. This medicine is effective in treating certain infections, such as stomach area infections and urinary tract infections. It may be used for other purposes too, not mentioned here.
Q. Does this medicine cause any side effects?
A. Yes, while taking this medicine, an individual patient may experience mild to moderate side effects, such as Rash,
Diarrhea, Allergic reaction, Increased liver enzymes, etc.
Q. Does Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection affect lab results?
A. Yes, this medicine may alter the test results of blood tests and urine tests. Inform your lab technician about your treatment course with this medicine.
Q. Is Ceftriaxone & Tazobactam for Injection effective in viral infections?
A. No, this medicine doesn’t treat viral or flu infections. Using it when not needed may decrease its effectiveness for future treatment.