BRAND NAME: Clanmax
COMPOSITION: Clindamycin 300mg
Clindamycin is used in the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections. The infections usually target the lungs, skin, blood, female reproductive organs, and internal organs. It belongs to a class of drugs called lincomycin antibiotics. The medicine effectively impairs the ability of bacteria to multiply and spread. This action targets the underlying cause of the infection, allowing the body’s immune system to better control and eliminate the bacteria. The medicine is effective against gram-positive cocci (such as Streptococcus and Staphylococcus species), as well as certain anaerobic bacteria (such as Bacteroides fragilis).
Do not self-medicate the medicine, take it as per the prescribed dosage and duration. Do not crush, chew or break the capsules. Swallow the whole capsule with a glass of water. Follow the prescribed dosage and complete the full course of treatment as directed by your doctor to ensure the best outcomes and prevent the development of antibiotic resistance. Some users may experience side effects such as stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Clindamycin Capsules offer several medical benefits, due to their potent antibiotic properties. The medicine works by inhibiting the growth of bacterial cells by binding to the 50S subunit of the bacterial ribosome (site of protein synthesis). Which in turn prevents protein synthesis and kills the infection-causing bacteria. Some prominent medical benefits of Clindamycin Capsules are mentioned below:
Generally, there are mild to moderate side effects of Clindamycin Capsules that do not last for a long time. All the users may experience a range of side effects as they depend on their physiological condition and response to the therapy. You shall immediately consult your doctor if the side effects persist or get severe with time. The range of side effects noticed on using the Clindamycin Capsules are mentioned below:
A few drugs have a tendency to interact with each other when taken at the same time. They may also interact with certain food items or health conditions. Do not take Clindamycin Capsules with the following mentioned drugs:
1. Avoid consuming alcohol as it may interact with Clindamycin Capsules and cause negative health effects.
2. Do not take Clindamycin Capsules if you have or have ever had asthma, allergies, eczema (sensitive skin that often becomes itchy or irritated), or kidney or liver disease.
3. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to clindamycin, lincomycin (Lincocin), any other medications, or any of the ingredients in Clindamycin Capsules.
4. Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
5. Store the capsules in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
6. Complete the entire course of medicine and do not indulge in the overdose.