Eperisone+Paracetamol tablets are used to provide relief from pain due to muscle spasms. The medication belongs to the category of medicines called antispasmodics medicines. Muscle spasms are sudden and painful contractions in the muscles. These contractions occur when the nerve impulses controling the movements of muscles are damaged or interrupted. The muscle spasms usually result in joint stiffness, pain in the affected muscles and joints, unusual posture and muscle tightness. Store the Eperisone+Paracetamol tablets in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
Do not self-medicate the medicine take the tablets as per the prescribed dosage and duration by your healthcare professionals. Follow the instructions and do not crush, chew or break the tablets. Swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water. Some people may observe a few side effects such as nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, headache, weakness, drowsiness, and dizziness. Store the tablets in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. Inform your doctor if you are allergic to Eperisone+Paracetamol tablets.
Medical Benefits of Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets
The medicationsis is a composed of Eperisone which is a muscle relaxant and Paracetamol which is a well-known pain killer. Eperisone provides relief by relaxing skeletal muscles and reducing myotonia (inability of muscles to relax). It relaxes vascular smooth muscles (smooth muscle found in the wall of blood vessels) and improve blood circulation. It also provide relief from the pain relief.
Paracetamol is an analgesic (pain reliever) and an antipyretic (fever reducer). It inhibits cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes that further prevent the formation of chemical messengers called ‘prostaglandins’ (PGs). These prostaglandins are produced at injury sites and cause pain and swelling. By blocking the COX enzyme’s effect, lesser PGs are produced, which reduces mild to moderate pain and inflammation at the injured or damaged site. Some major medical benefits of Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets are briefed below:
- Highly beneficial in the treatment of painful muscle spasms
- Useful in restoring functional ability in people with physical disabilities
- Reduces pain and inflammation at the injured or spasmed site.
- Easy or convenient to use.
Side Effects of Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets
Mostly the side effects of Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets are mild to temporary that get resolved over time. The side effects are unique in all the users as they depend on the health condition and response to the treatment. If your side effects persist or get severe, immediately inform your doctor. The commonly seen side effects seen after using the Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets are mentioned below:
- Stomach discomfort
Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets may interact with other medicines and cause negative impact on the health. The drugs also interact with ceratin medical conditions and food items. It is advised to not take Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets with the following mentioned drugs:
- a muscle relaxant (methocarbamol)
- blood thinners (warfarin)
- lipid-lowering drugs (cholestyramine)
- analgesics (ibuprofen, aspirin)
- muscle relaxants (tizanidine)
- anti-nausea agents (metoclopramide or domperidone)
1. Aavoid consuming alcohol as it may interact with the Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets and increase the risk of liver damage.
2. Do not take it with any other medicine comprising acetaminophen (drugs for pain/fever or cough-and-cold) without consulting your doctor.
3. Do not take Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets withoput doctors consultation if you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby.
4. Store the medicines in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
5. Keep the Eperisone+Paracetamol Tablets out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.