Ofloxacin 100mg /5ml Suspension – An excellent solution for various bacterial infections, Ofloxacin is an antibiotic medicine that is used to treat certain types of bacterial infections including infections of the skin, nose, eyes, ears, throat, lungs, and urinary tract. This suspension is sold in the market with the brand name Fixiflox-100 and is manufactured by the Best Ofloxacin Suspension Manufacturer, Servocare Lifesciences.
Working Mechanism of Ofloxacin 100mg /5ml Suspension
Ofloxacin is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic that works by intervening with bacteria’s genetic material by embedding defects in their DNA. The bacteria’s proliferation and survival are both hindered by these defects. As a result, the infection-causing bacteria gets killed and the infection is restricted from spreading without becoming resistant to the treatment. In this way, Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml Suspension helps in the effective treatment of certain bacterial infections.
Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml Suspension is an effective medication that contains powerful bacteria-killing properties. Thus, it is advised to give this suspension with complete care to the child along with keeping in mind the general yet important instructions. Here are the instructions that you should necessarily consider while giving this suspension to your child:
- Take Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml Suspension orally at a regular interval, preferably before or after having meals for better absorption.
- The dose and duration of this syrup are determined in accordance with the type and severity of your child’s infection, age, and body weight. Thus, follow the instructions given by the doctor for the dose, time, and method to use this medication.
- If the child vomits within 30 minutes of taking Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml Suspension, give the same amount again but do not double the dose if the next dose is due.
- Make sure to give an account of the complete medical history of the child to the doctor including any type of allergy, liver or kidney impairment, certain heart problem, etc.
- Continue to give Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml Suspension to the child until the whole prescribed dose is finished, even if the symptoms are not visible. Stopping it too soon may cause the infection to recur.
- Do not give any calcium, iron, antacids, magnesium, or vitamin supplement within two hours of taking Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml Suspension as these can affect the absorption of the medicine.
Side Effects Associated with Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml Suspension
Ofloxacin 100mg/5ml Suspension does not generally consist of any severe side effects. However, in some cases, the user may experience some rare, minor, and temporary side effects after the medicine intake. Following are the side effects associated with this medication:
- Abdominal Cramps
These adverse effects usually vanish as your child’s body adjusts to the medication. Nonetheless, if the symptoms persist or become uncomfortable, you should contact the doctor straight away.